Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finding Treasures

'Seek and you will find', has taken on a new meaning with a global adventure called Geo-caching. Using a GPS of the type fishing enthusiasts employ to track the best location to drop a line; the intent is use the information to lead you to a cache hidden in nature. In the crotch of a tree, behind a bush, under a pile of bark and leaves, for instance. After choosing one of the hidden items left in a protected container, you also leave something for the next explorer to uncover.

That is EXACTLY the tool I've always wanted to find my purpose in LIFE! I'd simply input where I am at present and where I'd like to be in the near future, and I'd get exact locations to turn, search and discover the rewards I've been searching for.

I often use dreams as one of my locators. But the symbols are more vague. Like one of the times I was desperate to know my next move on my career journey and my dream showed me stepping out of bed unto a mound of gems. Diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sapphires so real I could feel them pressing into my sensitive soles. Ah, so my treasure is right under my feet? I simply need to walk my talk to find it? I need to approach it with uncovered senses (IE, no shoes to get in the way of my touching the truth)? I need to allow them to touch my sensitive SOUL?

Another coordinate I'm attuned to is the wisdom that comes from multiple directions. The words that rock me with their truth from casual acquaintances, strangers, authors, movies, bird songs sending slices of joy through cloudy skies, flowers growing out of sidewalk cracks, not to be stopped by being between a rock and a hard place.

And, LISTENING. That's another coordinate that zeros in on my treasures. Everyone hears, but not everyone listens. Oh, yes, that would be a speed bump I trip over more than occasionally. I have this really persistent inner voice for one thing. It warns me to slow down, be alert, not to rush to judgment, in a given moment to make eye contact or to put my arm around someone's shoulder, to compliment not criticize and often, to hold my tongue when it wants to roll off an unrequested solution to a pending problem. Only when I listen does the coordinate get me where I need to be.

Come to think of it perhaps I've always had a GPS. A God's Purpose Selector.

No comments:

Post a Comment