Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Word Painting

Some of my favorite writing is word painting. Haiku is one of the brushes I choose for it's conciseness in joining visual images and emotions in a minimal space. Purists would deny my entries are 'by the book' Haiku. I won't argue with them. I don't remember the last time I did anything 'by the book'. So just enjoy. Write some of your own. Share them like melt-a-way chocolates on the tip of your tongue.

*********
Sun closes its eye
Winds rock the restless shore waves
Campfires spark the moon
*********
January cold
Squeaks beneath my warm snow boots
Frosts my gloved fingers
*********
Strawberry perfume
Wafts from rain soaked summer field
Taste-buds salivate
*********
Awakening Spring
Peeks from budding blanket leaves
“has the winter gone”?
*********
mother zips my smile
laces spontaneity
marches me off to learn
*********
red amaryllis
trumpets recent arrival
in full blown silence
*********

No comments:

Post a Comment