Monday, July 27, 2009

What Happens On a Journey

I KNOW I'm on a journey when I see with new eyes, taste with new pleasure and use all my senses in heightened awareness. I image myself as a spider at the center of my web catching all the things the wind blows my way. Some I sample immediately, some I wrap up to savor later and some fall from my web because there are too many to hold all at once.

I KNOW I'm on a journey when information swells my head to the bursting point. Often I write it down with pen on paper so I don't drop crumbs that fall between the cracks. I KNOW I'm on a journey when my feet connect to the path others have built, walked on, driven on or played on, and I can feel their historic presence. When trees whisper their stories and flowers tell me their secrets as I greet them and thank them for being in my world of discovery, I KNOW I'm on a journey.

When I move from here to there on a journey I feel like someone else. Sometimes I sense another part of me walking parallel not only to collect the overflow of experiences but to whisper tidbits of wisdom or information to help me see more clearly. When I sleep contentedly because I am full of rich gatherings; when I dance through waking times trying to taste the air of newness, I am on a journey.

I welcome the dance, the air, the paths, the tastes the smells and sights that write a book in my heart for me to read over and over as I punctuate it with sighs of remembrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment